I received an email from Nooelec in Newmarket who thought someone in the club might be interested in a full-time position. Here's the description & contact info..
We are currently looking for a SDR enthusiast to join our team as an SDR Specialist. The incumbent will have the opportunity to expand Nooelec’s social media presence, assist customers and users with their SDR applications, and aid in the development of new RF products. The role will be based in our Canadian location in Newmarket, Ontario.
Job Title: Software Defined Radio (SDR) Specialist
Reports to: Operations Manager
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Software Defined Radio (SDR) Specialist will be responsible for a variety of tasks aimed at enhancing Nooelec’s brand recognition and public persona, including but not limited to: engagement with individual customers and the wider SDR community, management of social media accounts, conducting market research, working internally with various teams to advocate for
consumer interests and achieve corporate goals.
● Provides a face to the Nooelec brand, increasing social media engagement and brand recognition.
● Manages Nooelec’s social media presence with the goal of increasing traffic to our pages.
● Creates engaging social media posts, videos, contests, etc.
● Solicits, monitors and tracks customer feedback.
● Provides support to sales and customer service teams.
● Assists with research and development of new products, with an emphasis on known customer interests in specific devices/bands/applications.
● Works in conjunction with the engineering, management, and production groups to develop specifications, assembly processes and test plans.
● Tests and identifies issues with designs and prototypes in conjunction with mechanical and software teams as needed.
● Tests returned product and documents failure rates and causes.
● Works with the customer support team to resolve complex technical support cases specific to particular customers and/or applications, as well as product recommendations.
● Develops support pages to educate customers on setting up popular SDR applications.
● Works closely with software and firmware development teams for applicable projects.
● Provides timely production support and problem resolution.
● Must have SDR experience;
● Strong presence within online SDR communities;
● Eagerness to connect with other SDR hobbyists and expand the community;
● Knowledgeable and familiar with multiple types of SDRs, SDR accessories, and SDR software packages;
● Experience with multiple SDR applications;
● Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and provide technical support for customers;
● Problem-solving capabilities;
● Creative, out-of-the-box thinker who can generate ideas and inspire others