• Facebook - Black Circle
  • Twitter - Black Circle

© 2018 by CrabtreeTech.  Proudly created with Wix.com

Oct 27, 2018

Packet Radio BBS running on 145.050MHz

5 comments

I have a BBS running on 145.050MHz for test purposes in Richmond Hill. Low power 5W.

See if you can connect and / or leave a message.

VA3LOC-4 is the BBS

Dec 20, 2018

Idk if you still have this up and running. I tried to connect from Newmarket (Bales) from my mobile and wasn't able to. If its still up I'd like to try again and get closer. Thanks for setting it up.

Dec 20, 2018

It's off air at the moment. I am intrigued as to what equipment you have to be able to connect whilst mobile into a packet radio station. Does it have some kind of built in TNC?

Dec 20, 2018

I'm running a Kenwood TM-D710GA (built in TNC) connected to a rasp pi with putty installed. The pi's set up as a hotspot AP so I can use my phone or tablet with VNC viewer as a remote head.

Dec 20, 2018

Wow. Nice setup. I'll get this setup again and notify via this forum.

• Reminder: JS8 QSO Party When: Saturday, 9 November 2019, 7:00pm to Sunday, 10 November 2019, 7:00pm (GMT+00:00) Africa/Monrovia Where: All Amateur bands, HF, VHF, & UHF View Event Organizer: kn4crd@gmail.com Description: The JS8 QSO Party is a chance to get on the air with JS8 and make some contacts every month. Whether you like a quick exchange or a long rag-chew, this event is for you. We have a lot of great, patient operators in the group, so the environment should be very welcoming!
  • It's been wide open on FT8 since late this afternoon until after supper. Worked France, Hungary,Italy,Switzerland,Portugal (twice), Slovenia, Colombia. I tried really hard for Guernsey but although he heard me and I heard him initially, we couldn't make the final exchange. That's a fairly rare one so it was disappointing to not get him!
  • The 15m band is open for FT8 contacts right now. Mostly western US (California) and a few weak South America stations